KJR was engaged by a government organisation that manages and protects Australia’s natural resources to develop a self-service dashboard framework, that enables all departmental staff to obtain insights into the performance and end user experience of the departments critical systems.
This project involved the development of a scalable automated testing framework, with an integrated real time dashboard, designed to allow departmental staff to easily obtain insights pertaining to application performance. The automation framework interacts with critical applications mimicking a user’s interactions, capturing timing for key events and producing performance insights from a user’s perspective.
A tight timeframe of four weeks meant the scope of the project had to be carefully managed in order to deliver tangible outcomes; leveraging good governance practices with flexibility to adapt to the refinement of the requirements. The key was to ensure continuous communication between all of the project stakeholders and a clear vision of the outcome maintained by KJR’s team, allowed the framework to be quickly developed.
Using automation to produce a real-time dashboard application had not been previously achieved in this setting. This project required innovative thinking and application of knowledge to develop and implement a bespoke framework custom built for the task at hand.
The KJR Team was flexible in executing this project amid physical restrictions and remote working requirements. Over a four week project timeline the team delivered:
- Project scoping
- Project roadmap
- Feasibility analysis
- Implementation of a real-time, automated dashboard from an existing Windows Standard Operating Environment
- Integration of the client’s existing Splunk framework with the dashboard, allowing for end-to-end testing and error mitigation
- Test management
- Automation dashboard enables the client to easily recognise performance changes and issues in their environment and make informed decisions towards a solution
- Integration of the dashboard with the existing framework visualises test performance in an understandable format from which Departmental staff can get a sense of how key Departmental systems are performing
- KJR’s advisory and assurance assisted in uplifting the organisation’s capability in the automation and test spaces
Tools & Technologies
- Microsoft 365