A large government organisation that processes electoral services, event and phases identified many optimisations and benefits that could be achieved through the automation of various Electoral Management System workflows.
The Quality Assurance team are required to manually configure elections (state or council) which involves setting up complex workflows. Thus, required an automated sign-up process for ballot records to save time and maximise their current resources.
The team had previously tried to build an automation tool internally with little success. They required a trusted partner to deliver the automation framework successfully, as the public utilise this tool once, and partnered with KJR, who have played a major role in defining fit for purpose and successful IT service options for clients around Australia, over two decades.
Developed and built a data driven automation framework for an Electoral Management System to replace manual setup of numerous workflows, that is easily maintainable (automated testing abilities).
Developed and built a configurable data loading tool using business logics that can generate and fill data automatically. This an auto- generation and fill of text tool saving users time inputting the same data.
- A total cost saving for the business of $190,700 [approximately] per year in productivity costs.
- The automation of previously manual testing processes
- Provided a scalable and easily maintainable framework.
- Implemented data loading solutions that fill in data variables automatically to reduce time taken per sign-up record; 7 minutes to a few seconds.
- Designed capabilities such that it saves employees three hours per day (during the data setup phase).
- Uplifted the team’s technical capabilities in the automation space (now they can work on other projects and implement additional automation capabilities within the business).
Tools & Technologies
- Visual Studio
- MS Test