A leading supplier group of natural gas and energy distribution has partnered with KJR to help achieve their digital transformation goals across their software delivery life-cycle over multiple engagements since 2018.
The organisation has retained the services of KJR on multiple projects, each time delivering incremental improvements across discrete parts of the business. Leveraging KJR’s experience across several specialised disciplines has delivered improvements in a flexible and efficient manner for the organisation, offering adaptability to changing project requirements.
The organisation was embarking on a major program of transformation, including upgrading core systems, processes, and a shift to cloud-based infrastructure. As part of this shift, the organisation was not seeking like-for-like efficiency but rather seeking the opportunity to enact change where possible. This called for a trusted partner to advise and deliver key technical support with an efficient and flexible approach.
With these goals in mind, KJR was engaged to assist in discovering and documenting the current state of various systems processes and teams, so that the impacts of change could be understood, and risks mitigated.
What we did do?
KJR has leveraged its technical and business strategic consulting expertise to deliver
advisory services across multiple business areas to be impacted by the transformation program. This includes:
- Review of Test, Development, and DevOps CI/CD environment management processes
- ITSM Service Desk and support process review.
- Test Strategy and Planning review and estimation.
- Test Automation review for a new field service application.
- DevSecOps process and security enhancements.
The key outcomes included providing a clear understanding to the business executive of potential risks, options for mitigation, and opportunities for improvement. All of this was achieved without having to source a large team of highly specialised staff or engage multiple consulting companies on longer-term projects. Some of the outcomes achieved were:
- Delivered reports and analyses that presented key data and metrics to support executive decision-making.
- Documented the current state of testing, development, and CI/CD environment management.
- Delivered improvements to test automation processes.
- Delivered higher velocity to DevOps Ci/CD pipeline.
- Offering advisory and assurance across several specialised service expertise to
reduce outsourcing to multiple specialised companies.
- Improved security by enhancing DevSecOps integration and tool selection.
What we continue to do…
KJR continues to support the organisation with both strategic and tactical engagements across business areas entrusting long-term value through ongoing delivery. Which has helped to establish a trusted partnership with the team over a five- year period.
Tools & Technologies
- Team City
- Octopus Deploy