A major transport agency servicing QLD roads and public transport identified opportunity to optimise their digital touch points for customers. Their digital team is responsible for providing customer-facing public transport information across mobile and web channels including timetables, service alerts, journey planning, news, and information.
KJR’s engagement with the organisation spans 5 years. The team has assisted various projects and delivered a range of tech expertise across service areas.
KJR was initially engaged by the organisation to deliver manual testing and regression testing to assure the functionality of their customer facing transport app and website. Over the last five years this has expanded to include automation test framework implementation and test strategy and project advisory.
What did we do?
- QA (change verification/regression testing) on all BAU releases for their:
- Backend CMS.
- Customer facing transport app.
- Core organisation product consisting of a Journey Planner + a set of APIs that provide a consistent interface for accessing timetable/real-time data.
- Test planning, development, execution, and reporting for larger project releases (e.g., the recent Brand update).
- Maintenance and development of automated test suites for their website, the Journey Planner and product using a KJR-developed test framework based on C#/NUnit/Selenium.
- Strategic advice around testing processes and assistance with analysis of performance issues.
- Resourcing can be scaled up as required, e.g., to meet project/BAU release deadlines.
- Resource mix can be altered as required, e.g., different resources may be involved in strategic activities/test planning for high-risk projects, support is available to solve technical automation issues.
- The automation framework is simpler, more consistent, and more maintainable whilst the automated test coverage has been improved – this has resulted in higher-value test automation.
Tools & Technologies