World-heritage Aboriginal rock art dating back thousands of years is one step closer to being re-discovered for the first time thanks to drone, artificial intelligence (AI) and mapping technology carried out by KJR, WYAC and partners.
Leveraging human-machine teaming to identify and protect high value cultural assets in Far North Queensland
The goal is to develop a digital platform for documenting rock art utilising various technologies:
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Hover mapping.
- Drone imagery & flight mapping.
- AI vision & geospatial modelling.
- Data management and model training.
With aim of achieving the project objectives:
- Collection and Storage of digital assets with High Cultural value.
- Training of Indigenous rangers to up-skill members of the local community in tech industries highly sought after in a commercial market.
- Automation of site discovery and capture process.
- Sovereign Capability.